Skip to main content

My Master Bedroom - Thrift Designers Inc?

I call my room "thrift designed". Everything in our room was either on sale, found or made by my wife and I (LP helped too, thanks bud). I made our head board out of an old door, I hung an old city hall ceiling tile on the wall and made my own art. Originally, it was my sister who inspired me to fix up our old room, she's talented at making things beautiful... 



OUR MASTER BEDROOM - THRIFT DESIGNERS
It's not always about expensive brands with my sister (trust me, she's not afraid to drop the big bucks), it's about the quality and design she'll invest in. She can find design and beauty anywhere, or she'll make it herself. Hence, I decided to re-make my bed roomI think overall, our room reflects my wife and I. We watch a lot of American Pickers, Color Splash and Pawn Stars together... We like a mix of old and new elements, and this is how it turned out...



Queen Size Bed by Sealy $500 (Zellar's), Head Board by NC - $18 (Filipino family down the street), 
Lamp - Studio Lamp - $2.99 (Salvation Army), Duvet - $14.99 (JYSK)


A Filipino family down the street was giving away this door and I took it for free. $18 worth of lumber and 3 days later, I had my headboard. We kept the cracks and weathered look... is that Patina? I just lightly sanded the door to give a more textured look, it was more glossy originally.







Journal by Rap - $5
I
f you are interested, these are hand made by a good friend of mine... it holds all my boy crushes... wait...






Studio Lamp - $2.99 (Salvation Army)
Stool - Free (Mother in Law)
Since we have a small room, we needed to be creative with side tables. Our room is 10 x 9 feet with a queen sized bed in it. 







N8's side table - $5 (Giant Tiger)
N8's Reading List
-William Shatner Memories -$3 (Aqua Books - I'm sad the book store closed down)
-World War Z - $18 (Coles)
Nostradamus and his Prophecies - $4 (Value Village)
Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Free (University of Manitoba Free Store UMREG)

Painting - "Literally a circle dripping into another canvas" $8 canvas x2  (XSCargo liquidation store)
Storage Ottoman - $3.50 (Value Village)
Black Shag Rug - $10 (Super Store)
One late, late night I decided to paint these blank canvas I had sitting around for a while. When I woke up, I guess I had painted this. At least it matched the room. btw, can you see our cute puppy?




Boxes... I forgot where they came from.
Those lanterns are from our wedding and that picture I got my wife 5 years ago, our first summer together.




Old City Hall Ceiling Tile - $20 (This Old House Antique Mall)
LP was with me when I got this tile from the Antique Mall, and helped hang it up. The Colour was made because this particular tile held a light and the heat over time made this rainbow thing (I'm pretty sure that's what the lady at the store said). Really Sweet. 



That's All Folks..
-HAPPY THRIFTING


P.S. PLEASE VISIT "THIS OLD HOUSE" ANTIQUE MALL... TELL THEM THE THRIFT DWELLERS SENT YOU
Even if you don't know what you want, it's a cool place to look around at some cool antiques. You may get inspired or find a hidden treasure. 
photo credit - http://www.doorsopenwinnipeg.ca

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The wonders of emulation... SNES in HD and perfection.

A classic... in standard def =( So you connected your old pre-HD Super Nintendo system to your nice HDTV. Only to find out it looks like crap. Well no fear. You can play these classics on your computer. Today we will look at the emulator bSNES.

100% Complete Nintendo Power Get WIth it Kit

Friend of the show Eli, graced our channel by unboxing a factory sealed Nintendo Power Get With It Kit so that everyone can know for sure what a 100% Complete in Box kit should include! (Reference pictures after the jump!)

Pickups 08.22.2020

Nintendo Wii Motion Plus for $3.99 found at Value Village. I don't know if it was a screw up from an employee as the Motion Plus attachment was in the rubber sleeve. It may have been overlooked when they put it out on the floor. Nintendo did release Motion Plus controllers, only time will tell if the attachments are sought out for in the future.