Skip to main content

My Top 3 Loved Worn Nike Dunks

In honour of this past Lover's day, I have 3 of my most loved, worn (not new) Nike Dunks from my collection. Brand new, these kicks can be worth b/w $250 - $350, mainly because they are sold out, and only available through Nike Select SB dealers in the first place. If you see these at the thrift store, pick them up, I've read of kids finding Dunk SBs and even early JORDANS and selling them to Japan for hundreds... Not bad for $10 investments.... So gather round as we discuss more shoes... and hopefully you can become a little smarter "thrifter." (also check out my previous Dunk Post - Avengers)



A short thrift dweller message...
The Shoe Monster
I am not exaggerating when I say that my cousins and I were thousands of $ deep worth of shoes (check my first Dunk Post - Avengers).The shoe monster can be your friend or enemy. He tells kids, with media and other tools, what's cool and why it's worth $400 a pair. If you're selling, you want the shoe monster to kick up your profit. If you're me, the shoe monster lays traps and keeps you thinking you need more, and more... soon you're thousands deep. Beware the shoe monster... Fight with him, not against. (also check my first dunks feature - Avengers)

And Now the Shoes...In No Particular Order...
Nike Dunk SB - "Stussy" (Worn) 2005
Colorway - Shy Pink / Brown
Retail (new) - $250 - $300
Stussy is a clothing company, started in 1980s. They started teaming with Nike in 2000 with new shoe designs.  They began incorporating new fabrics, colours and designs into sneaker culture. I don't know if these shoes have anything to do with Stussy, since it's not on their website. So that info could have been useless. This was released as part of the DUNK Manager's series, along with "Tiffany's" in 05, both shoes are sweet, but I perfer Stussys.
Nike Dunk SB - "Oompa Loompa" (worn) 2005
Coloway - Orange/Brown/White
Retail (new) - $200 - $250
I had to get these, I loved the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, not the Jonny Depp, but the original. The Oompa Loompas were these factory workers with orange faces and white and green clothes... kinda creepy. They inspired this shoe colorway... I think they look sick with everything. (see the main picture for an oompa loompa)

Nike Dunk SB - "Send Helps" (worn) 2006
Colorway - Light Blue Black
Retail (new) - $150 - $200
Just the sickest colorway, I remember buying these from SK8 (local Winnipeg skateboard shop) for $150 new... First time I ever paid retail for a shoe. The shoe itself mostly suede except the toe box, which makes it's tough to clean and keep fresh. Wear with caution, stains don't come off well.

-Happy Thrifting

Comments

  1. yah those shoes look pretty sweet... might not look good on me, kind of girly... but sweet =) thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The wonders of emulation... SNES in HD and perfection.

A classic... in standard def =( So you connected your old pre-HD Super Nintendo system to your nice HDTV. Only to find out it looks like crap. Well no fear. You can play these classics on your computer. Today we will look at the emulator bSNES.

100% Complete Nintendo Power Get WIth it Kit

Friend of the show Eli, graced our channel by unboxing a factory sealed Nintendo Power Get With It Kit so that everyone can know for sure what a 100% Complete in Box kit should include! (Reference pictures after the jump!)

Pickups 08.22.2020

Nintendo Wii Motion Plus for $3.99 found at Value Village. I don't know if it was a screw up from an employee as the Motion Plus attachment was in the rubber sleeve. It may have been overlooked when they put it out on the floor. Nintendo did release Motion Plus controllers, only time will tell if the attachments are sought out for in the future.