Skip to main content

Nike Dunk Collection - Blue Avengers

 St.James Underpass -1) Stussys, Oompa Loompas, Blue Avengers and Hawaii's
2) Blue Avengers
Back in the early 2005 my cousins and I were addicted to collecting Nike Dunks. We were thousands of $ deep in Dunks (This is what I refer to as the shoe monster). I began selling off most of my collection (for a profit may I add), I have retired form the shoe game. Although, I still have a few select pairs for my "stash" (you can't expect me to quit cold turkey, can you?). It's hard to justify showing off $400 on your feet, for now, I can at least share them with you on our blog. 
Overview of my Nike Dunk Stash
Nike Dunks
The original "Nike Dunks" were officially basketball shoes released in 1985. They had a simple high or low cut design and multiple colourways to match the many different US collage teams of that time. In 1998, Nike re-released the original dunk design, but it wasn't until 2000 when Nike officially released the SB (skateboard) limited edition dunks that this line took off. Their wide and flat design fit skateboarder's tastes, while it's seemingly endless releases of colours and styles were embraced by the sneaker sub-culture.


Nike Dunk SB - "Blue Avengers"
Release Year - 2005 and 2006
MSRP - $85 (sold out)
Valued - up $350 ds (brand new dead stock) - subjective
Part of the Nike Dunk SB "Banker's" Series, the navy and white with stripe colourway was released in 2005 with another Purple version of the same shoe (which I never owned). In 2006 they also released a patent leather version (which I never owned, but they boarder on clown shoes I think).
original purchased in 2006 - $150 on ebay
Very sparsely available outside of collectors and speciality stores, these shoes can even sell used for around $150 if not more, depending on what size you have. A new in box (deadstock) pair can range between $250 - $300. Most of the ones on E-Bay are fakes, please educate how to spot fakes before searching for your own. In the shoe game, fake shoes make you look whack! 
Thanks for reading, more shoes to come...
happy thrifting


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The wonders of emulation... SNES in HD and perfection.

A classic... in standard def =( So you connected your old pre-HD Super Nintendo system to your nice HDTV. Only to find out it looks like crap. Well no fear. You can play these classics on your computer. Today we will look at the emulator bSNES.

100% Complete Nintendo Power Get WIth it Kit

Friend of the show Eli, graced our channel by unboxing a factory sealed Nintendo Power Get With It Kit so that everyone can know for sure what a 100% Complete in Box kit should include! (Reference pictures after the jump!)

Pickups 08.22.2020

Nintendo Wii Motion Plus for $3.99 found at Value Village. I don't know if it was a screw up from an employee as the Motion Plus attachment was in the rubber sleeve. It may have been overlooked when they put it out on the floor. Nintendo did release Motion Plus controllers, only time will tell if the attachments are sought out for in the future.