Skip to main content

Thrift Dweller Hoard - Video Game Collection 1

posted by thrift dweller NC
Gollum protecting My Precious video game collection. 
My vice is video games (amongst many things). I've loved video games since I was a kid, but I've been hooked on thrift dwelling for 8 years+. Where else could I get Final Fantasy 7 for $1.99? Recently, LP helped me archive my collection, to mine and my wife's surprise I've surpassed 400 games...

Why Do I Do This?
Why does one collect? For me, it's Nostalgia. MayB sumpthink is wronge wit my Brian? Maybe I'm compulsive? Who cares, I love it. I'ld love to see other Winnipeger's collections.


The Collection
The bulk of my games are Nintendo (near 250) and Super Nintendo, but I got everything from Sega, Wii, PS1-3, X-Box360. Some I've paid full price, but most were from Thrift Dwelling. I've also gotten lucky, I cleaned up a closing pawn shop and found someone selling off their parent's old rental store games from Kijiji. I got almost everything I've wanted, and with prices rising in everywhere, I've slowed down a lot. All that's left is the rare games.


Cupcake Monster by Papergril - $.50 Salvation Army wife find (Retail new $35)
Various Video Games - Best Finds and Personal Fav's (Read Below)
Best Thrift Dwelling Finds
features to come?
Sealed Zelda (NES)- $150 (valued - $250+) /kijiji
Sealed Super Mario Wold 2 (GB) - $4.99 (valued $250+) /thrift
Parasite Eve (PS1) - $5 (retail $50) /pawn
M. Jackson's Moonwalker (SEGA) - $1.99 (would u believe $2000 post death) /pawn
Final Fantasy 7 (PS1) - $1.99 (mixed in with computer games) /thrift
Marvel Vs. Capcom (PS1) - $1.99 (mixed in with computer games with FF7) /thrift
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 (ps2) -$50 (retail $130) /friend
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes (GC) - $5 /pawn


Personal Fav's
Not the rarest or expensive, simply games i love.
Brawl Brothers (SNES) -My jr.high rental staple
Faxandu (NES) -Under-rated game, probably b/c it's so hard.
Crystalis (NES) -Best undiscovered NES RPG
Double Dragon (Sega Master) -Like playing the original NES but with new levels and co-op
Resident Evil (GC) -Updated graphics and expanded story. Golden!
Zelda and Link (NES) -Simply Classic games.


to be continued...Happy thrifting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The wonders of emulation... SNES in HD and perfection.

A classic... in standard def =( So you connected your old pre-HD Super Nintendo system to your nice HDTV. Only to find out it looks like crap. Well no fear. You can play these classics on your computer. Today we will look at the emulator bSNES.

100% Complete Nintendo Power Get WIth it Kit

Friend of the show Eli, graced our channel by unboxing a factory sealed Nintendo Power Get With It Kit so that everyone can know for sure what a 100% Complete in Box kit should include! (Reference pictures after the jump!)

Pickups 08.22.2020

Nintendo Wii Motion Plus for $3.99 found at Value Village. I don't know if it was a screw up from an employee as the Motion Plus attachment was in the rubber sleeve. It may have been overlooked when they put it out on the floor. Nintendo did release Motion Plus controllers, only time will tell if the attachments are sought out for in the future.