Skip to main content

Video Game Collection 2 - I Think I Got a Problem






Literally, I'm capturing my child hood in a cardboard box labeled Nintendo...Thrift Dwelling has allowed me the opportunity to own many consoles previously out of my reach. Sega Genesis, Dreamcast, X-Box... Even Sega Master and Atari systems. I can't fit all of them in this picture...My wife says I got too many. It was difficult for me to sell off some of my systems, that's when I first thought I had a problem. So, in that spirit, continuing my video game collection review, I took out most my consoles and boxes for you... so enjoy



I remember opening my first NES and seeing this family. I wonder where they are now?
Do you remember how you made your Nintendo (NES) games work? Did you blow? Hit it? Did you use the 2 finger rub? It was like we were praying to the plastic god...


Anyways... I remember my Uncle beating Mike Tyson with his eyes closed in utter amazement. My cousin (the original wizard) beating Zelda at 7...and me... I mastered the first level of Ninja Gaiden, must have played it hundreds of times.... Great memories, but eventually, my NES stopped working and in the closet for nearly a decade. Eventually, I fixed her and found my old friend again.


Detail of my Original and Custom 'Bret Hart' NES system - $10
My cousins and I were split with the great 90's Sega Nintendo wars. I wonder how many other families were permanently affected by this? I recall we'ld argue stupid stuff, like "Sega Mortal Kombat has blood" or "At least my Super Nintendo has more than 3 buttons..."  In reality, we were lucky, we had the best of both worlds. Sonic, Donkey Kong, Ryu, Scorpion and even Haggar gave us countless hours awesomeness... Then Karl had to go and smash us buying his original, true 3D graphics PlayStation...


Coleco Vision - Our family's first video game system. Thanks grandma for keeping the box.
Sega Genesis/Sega CD - $7.99 - I remember my cousin had the ULTIMATE Sega with the 32x as well.
PS2 Slim x3 (1 silver, 2 black)

Last year I discovered the beauty of Flee Markets. They had a constant and dependable supply of video games weekly, unlike the thrift store. They even had complete in box systems. Problem is, they charged a lot more. Regardless, LP accompanied me many weekends and I ended up with a solid collection of video game systems in boxes. I can still remember the smell of that foam in the Nintendo Box... like flowers in a meadow.

NES (red zapper) in box - $50
NES (grey zapper) in box - Free Box, $30 system w/ new connector
Intillivision - $20 with 8 games
Super Nintendo w/ Mario World - $30
Super Nintendo System Set -  free box
Nintendo Game Cube in box - $15 (half price day of Thrift Store)
PS2 in box - $80(a gift) and 1 free box from LP


Since I've got everything that I wanted, my Nintendo and Super Nintendo in box, my own Sega Genesis and N64... I've stopped buying systems to collect, just to re-sell. My only mission is to find that Infamous Sega Saturn... I know you're out there, I will find you!



More systems available
-to be continued...happy thrifting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The wonders of emulation... SNES in HD and perfection.

A classic... in standard def =( So you connected your old pre-HD Super Nintendo system to your nice HDTV. Only to find out it looks like crap. Well no fear. You can play these classics on your computer. Today we will look at the emulator bSNES.

100% Complete Nintendo Power Get WIth it Kit

Friend of the show Eli, graced our channel by unboxing a factory sealed Nintendo Power Get With It Kit so that everyone can know for sure what a 100% Complete in Box kit should include! (Reference pictures after the jump!)

Pickups 08.22.2020

Nintendo Wii Motion Plus for $3.99 found at Value Village. I don't know if it was a screw up from an employee as the Motion Plus attachment was in the rubber sleeve. It may have been overlooked when they put it out on the floor. Nintendo did release Motion Plus controllers, only time will tell if the attachments are sought out for in the future.