Skip to main content

Fireflight - It isn't hip-hop...


Something different for all the thriftdwellers out there. Having an open ear for music, we introduce to you Fireflight. A Christian rock band. On March 6, they released their anticipated album Now. We will go over their studio discography including the new album.

I thought this was a hip-hopmusicvideogamegeek blog? Why this?
I personally went through some rough times last summer, while on youtube I was looking for more positive music to get me through it. Coincidentally I stumbled on Fireflight through another band called Flyleaf that I've been listening to two years prior (they are great too), ironically all members of Flyleaf are Christians too. Anyways, the first Fireflight song I came across was Forever which is from their second CD Unbreakable. From there I was hooked and ended up buying all their CD's. I'm just a messenger and would like to let everyone know how positive and inspiring this band is!

More music for the collection!
Who are they?
Fireflight is a christian rock band based out of Florida. Consisting of Dawn Michele (lead vocals), Justin Cox, Wendy Drennen, Glenn Drennen and Adam McMillion (who is a new member of the band, he plays the drums). Amazingly, they are popular in other countries outside of North America as well. In fact, they have Japanese releases of their albums!

The Albums

The Healing Of Harms - 2006

Check out the songs: Serenity and You Decide
Fireflight's first studio release. It's a great debut! A warning to people who are big on sound quality. I don't know if they didn't have a large budget when recording the album. It does sound "muffled" a bit. Otherwise once you get past this, it's great!

Unbreakable - 2008

Check out the songs: Forever and Unbreakable
The follow up album. Unbreakable is what got me hooked to Fireflight. This is an album you can listen to without skipping a track!

For Those Who Wait - 2010

Check out the songs: For Those Who Wait and Core Of My Addiction
Third album, it's hard to explain. While it is a great album, the "sound" of the band did change. It's still rock, but you can tell they changed it up to get noticed by a larger audience.

Now - 2012

Check out the songs: Prove Me Wrong and Rise Above
Newest album, I was anticipating this since it was announced on their Facebook page last year. I'll admit, with their single Stay Close that was released. I wasn't really impressed. When the samples of the songs got leaked onto the internet. I thought the album sounded okay, same themes like the past albums. Then it got leaked to the internet a week early, downloaded it (of course I ended up buying it, it was 2 days late in Canada though). It took a while to get comfortable with the new material. Different? Somewhat. But it grew on me and I appreciate it alot. It's a great album! You would need to listen to this as a whole to understand.

- Happy Thrifting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The wonders of emulation... SNES in HD and perfection.

A classic... in standard def =( So you connected your old pre-HD Super Nintendo system to your nice HDTV. Only to find out it looks like crap. Well no fear. You can play these classics on your computer. Today we will look at the emulator bSNES.

100% Complete Nintendo Power Get WIth it Kit

Friend of the show Eli, graced our channel by unboxing a factory sealed Nintendo Power Get With It Kit so that everyone can know for sure what a 100% Complete in Box kit should include! (Reference pictures after the jump!)

Pickups 08.22.2020

Nintendo Wii Motion Plus for $3.99 found at Value Village. I don't know if it was a screw up from an employee as the Motion Plus attachment was in the rubber sleeve. It may have been overlooked when they put it out on the floor. Nintendo did release Motion Plus controllers, only time will tell if the attachments are sought out for in the future.