Skip to main content

A new month, 2 new cd pickups.


Today I headed to a local haunt called the Red River Bookstore. It's a great store filled with books, CD's, Records, DVD's and even Blu-Ray. Of course I found CD's that were on my list! We start off the month with discs 851 and 852 of the ever growing CD collection. This may be my last CD pickups for a while.


CD #851
Cherish - The Truth (2008)


This is Cherish's second album The Truth released in 2008. Not a lot of people know them. I personally think they are underrated, it's been a while to have a female R&B group of this caliber. The group consists of a quintent of sisters. They can definitely sing and with the production of Jazze Pha. It's a CD that can definitely bump in your car if you love R&B with a Hip-Hop twist. Also check out their first album Unappreciated.

CD #852
Brooke Fraser - Albertine (2008)


Brooke Fraser is a beast. She's a Christian singer from Australia with a wonderful voice. Albertine is her 2nd album released in 2008. A friend of mine, who is a music geek as well :) suggested I check her out and was hooked right away. I'm very happy to find this used. I also have her third album Flags, which is great too. Her first album is an import from Australia, something I'm still in the hunt for locally first. Anyways, check this album out. It gets my approval for the don't skip a song award!

So why will it be a while for any CD pickups?

Honestly, real life has caught up to me and I've reached my temporary goal of over 850 albums. The main goal is still 1000 by the end of the year. I'll still be getting a CD from time to time. But not at the rate I've been doing it lately (which is around 5-10 discs every 2 weeks it seems). I love music, but when money is an issue. It puts a passion and hobby second.

Happy Thrifting!
- LP d.cypher

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The wonders of emulation... SNES in HD and perfection.

A classic... in standard def =( So you connected your old pre-HD Super Nintendo system to your nice HDTV. Only to find out it looks like crap. Well no fear. You can play these classics on your computer. Today we will look at the emulator bSNES.

100% Complete Nintendo Power Get WIth it Kit

Friend of the show Eli, graced our channel by unboxing a factory sealed Nintendo Power Get With It Kit so that everyone can know for sure what a 100% Complete in Box kit should include! (Reference pictures after the jump!)

Pickups 08.22.2020

Nintendo Wii Motion Plus for $3.99 found at Value Village. I don't know if it was a screw up from an employee as the Motion Plus attachment was in the rubber sleeve. It may have been overlooked when they put it out on the floor. Nintendo did release Motion Plus controllers, only time will tell if the attachments are sought out for in the future.