Skip to main content

Investables Rating Scale

Written by Nate

So on my personal YouTube page (Nate's Reviews) I've decided to create an "Investables Rating Scale" (Investables = Investment + Collectables) as my current collecting focus is to purchase collectables that will eventually be gifted to my children, but which I plan to enjoy until then. I formulated this weighted rating system to somewhat qualitatively rate these "Investables" as follows:


"Investables Rating Scale"

Price to Value Ratio

0- Rip Off
1- Over Priced (Should be at least 50% less in price)
2- Slightly Overpriced (At least 25% over priced)
3- Get What you Paid For
3.5- Good Value (should be around 25% - 50% more)
4- Outstanding Value (Should be around 75% more)

(BONUS TIER)--------------------------

4.5- Excellent Value (Should be at least 100% more)

Prospect

0 - Will be worthless
1 - I Expect to sell at a loss (negative net)
2 - I'd expect at least get my initial investment back (+0%)
3 - I'd be confident to gain around +25% profit
3.5 - I'd be confident it would gain  +50% profit
4 - I'd be confident it would gain  +100% profit

(BONUS TIER)--------------------------

4.5 - I am confident with an expected 200% profit


Will It Pay Itself Back In Enjoyment Over Time?

0 - No
1 - Yes

Is It Affordable to the Avg. Person?

0 - No
0.5 - Made Affordable (Coupons, Payment Plans etc...)
1 - Yes (Can be paid for in one visit)

X-Factor

This is a bonus tier
0 -  Nothing Special to award this bonus
0.5 - Something special to give extra points for


Conclusion - This is all my opinon, I've weighted certain criteria more than others that were more important to me in an "Investables". This is supposed to be weighted out of 10, but it's possible to give more than 10, but I think that would be rare.Hhere's the following standards for certain awards I will give this season:

"Good" Rating - Ratings 7-8
"Solid" Rating - Ratings 8.5 - 9
Big Nate's Gold Award of Excellence: Rating 9.5-10
Big Nate's Triple Uranium Award of Excellence: 10.5-11.5

Triple Uranium? That's a straight nuclear "Investables" item. It was inspired by comedian Donelle Rawlings from the Chappelle Show.

I will update this as needed, but I think this is a good outline for the 3rd season of Nate's Reviews. Let me know what you think and thanks for watching!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The wonders of emulation... SNES in HD and perfection.

A classic... in standard def =( So you connected your old pre-HD Super Nintendo system to your nice HDTV. Only to find out it looks like crap. Well no fear. You can play these classics on your computer. Today we will look at the emulator bSNES.

100% Complete Nintendo Power Get WIth it Kit

Friend of the show Eli, graced our channel by unboxing a factory sealed Nintendo Power Get With It Kit so that everyone can know for sure what a 100% Complete in Box kit should include! (Reference pictures after the jump!)

Pickups 08.22.2020

Nintendo Wii Motion Plus for $3.99 found at Value Village. I don't know if it was a screw up from an employee as the Motion Plus attachment was in the rubber sleeve. It may have been overlooked when they put it out on the floor. Nintendo did release Motion Plus controllers, only time will tell if the attachments are sought out for in the future.